Sonnewald Natural Foods - Products
Sonnewald Natural Foods is committed to providing our customers with quality products from local and regional sources. We are a member of Buy Fresh Buy Local.
- Fragrance-free, gluten-free items
- Non-fluoride toothpaste
- Aluminum-free deodorant
- Natural and organic hair care products
- Wide assortment of massage oils and lotions
- Essential Oil Body Sprays
- Natural insect repellent
- Natural bar soaps, including goats’ milk
- Himalayan Bath Salts
- Redman’s Clay Baby Powder
- Handwoven Fair Trade African Baskets by Alaffia
- Ear candles and foot detox patches
- Huge selection of books on all aspects of health (always discounted 20%)
- Topics including: Healthy cookbooks, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Weight Management, Gluten-Free, Mind/Body Connection, Raw Foods, Organic Gardening, Juicing, Pet Care, Enzymes and Probiotics
- If you don’t see it, we may be able to special order it!
- Lots of free literature
- Our Produce Department is 99% Organic
- Quality nutrient-dense, health-rebuilding and life-sustaining REAL FOOD
- Wide selection of certified organic fruits and vegetables
- Local and in-season chemical-free and/or certified organic produce when available
- Open-pollinated and/or heirloom organic seeds
- Excellent selection of vitamins and minerals
- Large selection of protein powders, meal replacement shakes, fiber supplements, cleanses and detox products
- Baby and Children specialty items
- Single herbs and herb blends in tablets, capsules and liquid extracts
- Homeopathic and Bach Flower remedies
- Essential oils and medicinal teas
- Essential oil room diffusers
- Supplies for making your own natural and medicinal products
- Contact info for a variety of practioners
- Over 300 self-serve bulk foods consisting of a variety of grains, beans, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, pastas, herbs, spices, natural salts and sugars, granolas & snacks
- Buy a pinch or Buy a pound
- Baking mixes, baking ingredients
- Our famous Sonnewald Energy Mix and Sonnewald Seed, Nut & Fruit Mix
- Gluten-free products like pastas, flour, baking mixes and more
- Sprouting Seeds
- Full line of groceries, many certified organic, Non-GMO and Fair Trade. Loose leaf teas, coffee and coffee substitutes, non-dairy beverages, juices, oils, sea vegetables, nut butters, cookies, crackers and chips. Unique items such as fresh, local whole-grain baked goods and granolas, local raw honey, assorted natural sweeteners for diabetics and gluten-free products
- Earth-friendly household cleaners, paper products and pet food
- Yogurt makers, grain/nut/seed grinders, water filters, sprouting supplies and a unique selection of kitchen wares
- Canning and glass jars and bottles, old-fashioned milk bottles and carriers
- Full-spectrum light bulbs
- Refrigerated foods featuring raw goat and cow milk, assorted raw cheeses, free-range eggs, fermented vegetables, non dairy and ready-to-eat items
- Frozen items: breads (including sprouted, wheat-free, gluten-free, & yeast-free options), quick meals, vegetables, desserts, oil-rich nuts, antibiotic and hormone-free red meats, chicken & fish
The Mill Room is a very unique feature of Sonnewald Natural Foods. In 1955, Willa's dad purchased a flour mill for his wife, Grace, so that she could grind the wheat that was raised on their farm. This is how Sonnewald Natural Foods began.
We are still grinding whole grains for people who enjoy baking, saving money and value feeding nutrient-dense foods to their family.
We can stone grind these organic grains into flour while you shop:
- Wheat — Hard White, Hard Red, Soft White Winter
We also crack beans, corn, rice, oats and the above grains in a separate steel mill.
Please note that we don't crack or grind coffee, seeds or nuts due to the residues unique to these products that would linger in our mill.
On the Porch
You will find a variety of items on the porch. These items may or may not be the same from day to day. Some items are free and some have prices.
- Vegetable & Herb plants (seasonal & while supplies last)
- Organic potting soil (while supplies last)
- Packing materials that may be useful or great for crafters, often empty egg cartons and large glass jugs.
On the Farm